See event details and RSVP on the Ontario Health Coalition Facebook event here!
COVID-19 is spreading exponentially in Ontario’s long-term care homes. The homes already suffered critical staffing shortages and inadequate levels of care before COVID-19. Now the situation is an emergency.
The Ford government has made improvements to testing, and their recent announcement to improve wages for frontline workers was a huge step forward to improving long-term care for workers and residents. We need to make sure these wage increases become permanent and get Doug Ford to address other systemic issues in long-term care.
The conditions of care for our loved ones are the conditions of work for the staff. We have a chance to make real progress now.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN THE ONLINE DAY OF ACTION?
- Print the poster attached to this email, or simply hold it up on a computer, tablet or other device.
- Take a picture of yourself with the poster.
- On Friday, May 1, post your photo on the Day of Action event page.
- If you’re a Twitter user, tweet your photo using the hashtag #FixLTCFord and tag @FordNation.
- Not sure how to share your photo on social media? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share it for you!
It takes just minutes to participate but can make all the difference for residents and workers in long-term care.
We are asking Doug Ford for:
- Immediately improved access to PPE
- Permanently improved wages + full time work
- 4-hr minimum care standard
- Better infection control
- No more for-profit care
Invite your friends and family. Spread the word and let’s make senior care a priority well after the pandemic is over.
Ontario Regional Director